Women's Empowerment Leadership Conference
Office of Student Life
“Working to Form a More Perfect Union: Honoring Women in Public Service and Government”
Fifth Annual Women’s Leadership Conference sponsored by Mountain View College, Brookhaven College and El Centro College
March 11, 2016
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Registration: 9 a.m.
Conference: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Special Guest Speaker:
Lupe Valdez, Sheriff Dallas County
There is POWER in hearing stories from women. This conference will be a fun, inspirational day where we will take a comprehensive view of advancing women by focusing on their education, health, economic opportunities and personal goals. The focus will be empowering and embracing women’s advantage by “re-writing” their “stories” to make them stronger, more confident leaders.
Among the topics we will address are:
- Service driven careers
- Putting leadership into practice
- Success – how to get it, run with it, savor it
- Best practices of women’s networks for support, development, and advancement
- The relationship between body image and leadership
- Community serving and strategic volunteering
- Negotiating Effectively
- Strategies for Balancing Work and Life