Is there a deadline to apply for TRIO?
- TRIO SSS accepts applications throughout the year. TRIO is funded to serve only 230 students. We work on a first-come-first-serve policy. Note: (some students may be put on a waiting list).
Do TRIO SSS lend books to students?
- We no longer lend books to students.
How can I get one on one tutoring?
- Students accepted into the program may complete a Tutor Request Form in the TRIO office.
Do you offer scholarships?
- We do not offer scholarships. However, we do conduct workshops on how to search and apply for scholarships. The office staff also assists students by writing recommendation letters. On occasion, when the US Department of Education offers the program additional funding, we are able to provide Grant Aid scholarships for qualifying students.
Can I belong to other programs on campus as well as be a TRIO student?
- Yes! We encourage students to take advantage of as many resources on campus as possible.
Does TRIO offer childcare or bus passes?
- Unfortunately, we do not and are not able to provide these services due to our limited funding.
Why can’t I be a TRIO student if I’m not a US citizen?
- TRIO, SSS is a federal program funded by the United States Department of Education. Because funding is provided by the Federal Government, students are required to be a US Citizen, or a legal resident.