Student Government Association (SGA)
SGA is here to S.E.R.V.E
Serve our students body and community
Exemplify “diversity” and “unity”
React to students’ needs
Voice students’ opinions
Empower the community by first empowering the students!
Mountain View College Student Government Association was created in order to represent, communicate with, act upon, and ensure student rights and needs, concerns, and social well-being to the administration as well as to the District offices in order to make a difference and build a stronger education institution and community. Upon acceptance into the college, students automatically become members of the Student Government Association. All students are encouraged to become active members and officers so that the Association truly voices the needs and concerns of the student body.
The Executive Board of the Student Government Association consists of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Parliamentarian, Historian, and Treasurer. Officers are elected by the student body at the beginning of each Fall semester, with terms running through August of the following year or until new elections are held.Qualifications for the Student Body Executive Board
SGA ConstitutionElection Candidate Application - Applications must be submitted by September 6, 2016.
- Currently enrolled at Mountain View College in at least 6 credit hours
- Have and maintain a 2.5 grade point average
- Prepared to serve and represent the student body of Mountain View College throughout the campus, the Dallas County Community College District, and the Texas Region
- Candidates for President or Vice President cannot be serving as a president or vice president of another club
- Additional details are listed on the Officer Description page