To receive a diploma or certificate, you are encouraged to complete an Application for Diploma/Certificate online. You should apply for graduation one semester before you complete all your required courses. Check with the Admissions/Registrars Office for the deadline for applying.
Mountain View College holds an annual commencement ceremony at the end of the spring semester to
recognize the Fall graduates and Spring and Summer potential graduates. Students are eligible to
participate in the ceremony if no more than (9) nine credit hours remain at the end of the spring
semester. Commencement is ceremonial only and does not confer the right of a degree upon a student.
If you are scheduled to take a final exam on the night of the commencement ceremony, we suggest you
speak to your instructor to arrange to take the exam at an earlier date or time.
Detailed information regarding the location of the ceremony will be available via our website. In
addition, information regarding the ceremony will be mailed to students who have submitted an
Application for a Diploma/Certificate along with an RSVP slip to be returned to the
Admissions/Registrars Office indicated whether or not you plan to attend. Diplomas/certificates are not
distributed at the ceremony. They will be mailed to students to the address on the application (4) four
to (6) six weeks after the end of the semester when all requirements have been met.
- If you are going to attend this year’s graduation ceremony and have not informed the
Admissions/Registrars Office, please do so immediately.
- Cap and gowns are to be purchased at the Mountain View College Bookstore (Follett’s: 214-331-
- Remove your cap and gown from the plastic bag at least 48 hours prior to the ceremony to allow
the folds produced as a result of packaging to relax.
- Ladies, attach the white collar to your gown in advance (safety pins work better than the tape
that is enclosed with your gown)!
- Suggested attire is dark pants and dark shoes for males and dark shoes for females.
- Phi Theta Kappa regalia items may be purchased from the Recognitions Store online.
- Do not bring personal items (purses, cosmetic bags, cell phones, etc.) with you for the
graduation line-up! There is no place in the facility to secure your belongings.
- Please arrive no later than 6:00 p.m.!
- Tickets are not required for your guests and there is no limit to the number of people you invite
- A professional photographer will take individual photos of each graduate crossing the stage and
photo packages will be available for purchase.
Questions? Please visit the Admissions/Registrars Office windows or call 214-860-8600.
NOTE: Each college may graduate current and former students who have met graduation requirements with or without student’s permission.