Spring 2020 classes have resumed online.
Please visit dcccd.edu/coronavirus for additional information and to learn how to prepare for online classes.


Feeling stressed out? You're not alone. College can be fun, but it can also be very difficult to juggle school, work, family and friends.

Like most people, you probably know ways to cope with stress. But if you start feeling overwhelmed or anxious, seeing a college counselor can help you find practical solutions to personal and/or academic problems.

What Is Counseling?

Mountain View College recognizes that you’re a whole person – not just a student. Your academic success depends on your personal development and emotional health.

A professional counselor can help you identify, understand and develop skills to resolve your educational, career and personal issues. He or she will assist you in learning how to find your own pathway to success in college and in the workplace.

Our counselors are licensed professionals and are highly qualified specialists with master’s or doctoral degrees. They offer crisis intervention; brief, solution-focused counseling; and referrals to other agencies or services. Professional counselors provide personal counseling with a focus on positive mental health and wellbeing; both in individual and group settings.

Community Mental Health Resources

In addition to our college counseling services, many community mental health resources are available to help you or other people you care about — for free or at a low cost.


Get help paying for community psychiatric, mental health and substance abuse services through the North Texas Behavioral Health Authority.

  • 9441 LBJ Freeway, Suite 350
    Dallas, TX 75243
  • 214-366-9407
  • info@ntbha.org
Suicide & Crisis Center of
North Texas
  • 214-828-1000
National Veterans
Crisis Line
  • 800-273-8255
    (press 1)
National Domestic
Violence Hotline
  • 800-799-7233
National Sexual
Assault Hotline
  • 800-656-4673

Text 741741 from anywhere in the United States
to text with a trained crisis counselor.


As part of our commitment to our students and the community, My Community Services is an online directory to help you find the resources you need.

Our licensed professional counselor can help with concerns such as:

  • Depression
  • Anxiety
  • FamilyConcerns
  • Grief/Loss
  • Abuse
  • Sleep Difficulties
  • Stress
  • Drug/Alcohol Issues
  • Relationship Issues
  • College Adjustment
  • Anger Management
  • Domestic Violence
  • Life Choices 

Our licensed professional counselor can provide:

  • Explore the situation, decide which of the following is best for you
  • There are often resources in the community, many at no or low cost – we connect  you.
  • Sometimes you just need information or to know that you are doing the right thing.
  • Confidential, free sessions here on campus to meet your need
  • Sometimes, working with others who are dealing with the same issues can be the best way to make the most progress.
  • Not therapy, jut support/information/encouragement from others dealing with a common problem or concern.

Who is eligible

If you are a current Student at Mountain View College, you are eligible:

  • Part Time
  • Full Time
  • On-Line
  • Non-Credit
  • Credit