Register Now for Winter and Spring Credit Classes
Ready to make 2017 your best year ever? Then get ready to register for Winter or Spring term credit classes at Mountain View College, and all of the colleges of DCCCD. Your future is in your hands!
At just $59 per credit hour (or $177 per three-credit-hour class) for Dallas County residents, the colleges of DCCCD offer one of the best educational bargains around. (Learn more about tuition.)
If you're new to college, plan to start the registration process early. You must complete the application, orientation, assessment and advising process before you can register for classes. (Learn more about the admissions process.) Also, you may need to show proof of meningitis vaccination to register.
Get More From Your Winter Break
Are you a highly motivated student who can devote time to an intense, fast-paced program of study? Then consider enrolling in a Winter term course. This mini-mester lets you earn three or more credit hours in just a few weeks.
The Winter term class schedule is different at each college. However, it typically lasts from mid-December through early January. Winter term course offerings vary by college, also; subjects include accounting, art appreciation, child development, English, fitness, history, psychology and many more.
Spring Classes Start in January
The weather will still be chilly, but Spring term credit classes begin Tuesday, Jan. 17.
When to Register:
- Tuesday, Nov. 22-Sunday, Nov. 27: Priority registration for Winter and Spring classes (for returning students)
- Monday, Nov. 28: Regular registration for Winter and Spring begins (open to all students). You can register for a Winter term class up until the first class meeting.
- Wednesday, Jan. 11: Last day to register for Spring (for regular semester-length classes)
Note that we also offer Flex Term classes that don't follow the regular semester schedules.
How to Register:
- Register online (if you are eligible) or
- Register on campus
Note that dates and times for on-campus registration may vary by college; visit your college's website for the most current information.
If you are new to DCCCD, we strongly recommend that you register in person at the college you plan to attend so you can get information about course prerequisites, the degrees we offer, the Texas Success Initiative (TSI), tuition and other important topics.
Important Notes About Registration:
- Can't register online? Learn about the most common reasons.
- Our offices will be closed Nov. 24 and 25 and Dec. 26 through Jan. 2, but online registration will still be available for eligible students.
- Students with an eConnect login can plan their schedules on eConnect with Plan My Schedule, and all students can browse credit classes or search for credit classes using eConnect.
- Winter term class schedules vary by college. Spring semester credit classes begin Tuesday, Jan. 17. (See the 2016-2017 academic calendar for other important Spring semester dates.)
- Stop Before You Drop: Under Texas law, students who enroll in a Texas public institution of higher education (including DCCCD) for the first time in fall 2007 or later may not drop more than six courses during their entire undergraduate career. See our catalog for more information.
Have questions about registering? Contact the MVC Admissions/Registrar's Office at 214-860-8600. We'll be glad to help you get ready for your next learning experience.