10-16 February 2013
In 2006 during a query of how to heighten the awareness of writing centers, the International Writing Centers Association (IWCA), an affiliate of the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) founded in 1983, joined forces to create International Writing Centers Week. This annual event affords writing center professionals the perfect time to bring awareness of the work that is accomplished in writing centers all over the world.
February 10-16, 2013, is International Writing Centers Week, and the Ink Spot Academic Center for Writing will be celebrating by hosting Writing Workshops throughout the week in the W114 Classroom. Stop by and sign in to AccuTrack to receive a free MVC promotional item, write on our walls, have a free writing consultation and/or use our computers. At The Ink Spot, our goal is not for better papers, but to help you become a better writer!
Please visit The Ink Spot (W114) for more information about the Academic Center for Writing, including how to make an appointment with a writing specialist or participating in a Writing Workshop, or visit us online at http://www.mountainviewcollege.edu/Academics/InstructionalSupport/.
- Workshop: Creative Writing @ 2 p.m. (W181/183)
- Workshop: The Thesis Statement @ 4:30 p.m. (W181/183)
- Workshop: MLA Format @ 11 a.m. (W181/183)
- Workshop: The Magical Process of Writing @ 11:00 a.m. (W181/183)
- The drawing will be held on Friday, February 16, 2013 between 12 noon and 12:30 p.m. at W114.
- Students will receive:
- MVC T-Shirts
- MVC Book bags
- Pens in a tube
- Grand Prize: Gift bag with gift certificates, MVC merchandise and $50 gift card.
- Everyone who signs in at the ACW will be given a promotional gift from MVC Marketing.
- Everyone who signs in and participates in a writing consultation or attends a writing workshop will be entered into a drawing to be held on Friday.