The Texas Department of Health follows the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for immunizations for Health Care Workers. Dallas Fort Worth Hospital Council may require additional immunizations for participation in health care institutions for this area. Students entering the nursing program must be able to demonstrate evidence of immunity through either vaccination records or titer reports indicating immunity. No student will be allowed to attend any clinical without evidence of immunizations. The following immunizations are required prior to participation in any clinical. If students are not in compliance they will not be allowed to participate in clinical rotations and will be dropped from the program.
The following lists of immunizations are required effective Fall 2012:
1. Hepatitis B series
• Two doses 4 weeks apart, third dose 5 months after second dose.
• Individuals born after 1957 must have two doses of vaccine on or after 1st birthday.
• May have documentation of physician diagnosed measles.
• One dose
• Two doses 4 to 8 weeks apart.
6. Tetanus and diphtheria and Pertussis (DTaP)
• Two doses 4 weeks apart 6 to 12 months after second dose
• Booster every 10 years.
• Is required annually
9. TB skin testing
• In May of the application Year.