Classes are currently being taught online. All physical facilities are closed to the public at this time and employees are working remotely.Please visit
dcccd.edu/coronavirus for additional information and to
find contact information for various departments.If you need additional assistance, please visit
My Community Services and our
Community Employment Resources.
Admission to the Mountain View College School of Nursing is competitive. A process to identify the top applicants is outlined below. Those deemed eligible will be placed into an applicant pool for consideration based upon the following items:
1. Prerequisites: Grade of C or better in the following prerequisite courses:
or SCIT 1407 * ** ***
2. Support Courses: Grade of C or better in the following support courses:
or SCIT 1408 ** ***
3. Points earned for each completed course are given by the grade awarded:
A = 3 points
B = 2 points
C = 1 point
*All prerequisite courses must be completed prior to application.
**Effective Spring 2021 - SCIT 1407 and SCIT 1408 will not be accepted.
*** Five-year limit on all science and nursing courses (Anatomy and Physiology, SCIT, Microbiology, Pharmacology and Pathophysiology).
4. The HESI A2™ may be completed at any Dallas Community College District Campus (DCCCD), or any State Institution that offers the exam. The sections that must be completed with a 75% or greater on each section for the HESI A2™ exam are Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Math, Vocabulary/General Knowledge, and Anatomy/Physiology (combined "English" sections). The Learning styles and Personality Profile section are required but are not calculated with the HESI A2™ exam score.
<75 = ineligible to apply
75 = no points, meets eligibility to apply
76-88 = 1 point
89 to 100 = 2 points
5. Applicants with the highest total points will be selected to interview and asked to complete a professional writing sample.
Total points are calculated and then ranked numerically using the following formula:
Points for Prerequisite and Support Course Grades + HESI A2 points + Interview + writing sample= Total Points
Submission and signature on the application is verification that the applicant has read the Mountain View College Nursing Program website content and understands the process for selection including conditions for acceptance into the program.
Applicants are responsible to ensure all required documents have been received and that the application file is complete based on the check list. Incomplete or inaccurate documents, including physical exam, immunizations, etc., will not be considered for admission. Applicants are advised to retain a photocopy of all materials submitted in their application packet.
Applications are processed and files managed through the MVC School of Nursing. Admission decisions are made by the dean of nursing. All admission decisions rendered are final and cannot be appealed. Applicants who are offered or denied admission will receive an acceptance or a regret letter by email from the dean. Applicants will have a deadline by which to accept or decline the offer of admission. If you are not accepted into the nursing program, please be advised that once application is submitted it will not be returned to the applicant.