Facilities Services has completed numerous upgrades and improvements to campus buildings, landscaping, operation and maintenance practices to make Mountain View College more efficient and sustainable. The efficiencies have led to lower operating cost, reduced utility consumption and improved sustainability of the campus. Energy Conservation and Operations Initiatives
Facilities Services has an ongoing program for upgrading utility equipment through out campus to state-or-the-art, energy efficient systems. At the same time, Facilities Services is committed to operating MVC in a manner that conserves energy and resources without compromising the comfort and health of students, staff and faculty. These efforts are significantly improved by the participation of building occupants. Common energy conservation actions include but are not limited to:
- Reporting inoperative or malfunctioning systems as soon as possible;
- Turning off every consuming devices when they are not necessary or not in use;
- Avoiding the use of space heaters which are not allowed on campus;
- Additional questions or suggestions concerning energy conservation please contact facilities services at ext 8670.
Mountain View College has a aggressive recycling program and all faculty, staff and students are encouraged to participate in the program.
Materials we recycle;
- White office and mixed paper including colored paper, shredded paper, catalogs, magazines, newspaper, fliers, glossy, pamphlets, and paperback books
- Aluminum cans (please empty cans and plastic bottles first)
- Plastic Containers #1 and #2 only