Spring 2020 classes have resumed online.
Please visit dcccd.edu/coronavirus for additional information and to learn how to prepare for online classes.

Requirements for International Students

A completed International Student Admission Application packet consists of the originals and copies of all of the following documents:



TOEFL Requirements

College Level (minimum score)

Intensive English Program

Computer Based

197 or higher

Recommended to have at least 117 or higher

Paper Based

530 or higher

Recommended to have at least 430 or higher

Internet Based

71 or higher

Recommended to have at least 39 or higher

Original TOEFL results MUST be mailed from ETS. A PHOTOCOPY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

Mountain View’s INSTITUTION CODE IS 6438. The departmental code is 00.

A TOEFL score is required for official admission as an International Student, unless you meet one of the following criteria to be excused from the requirement:

  • You are a graduate of an accredited U.S. college or university; or
  • You are a native of speaker of English from a country in which English is the primary language of the majority as documented by the Cambridge Encyclopedia of Languages.  (Anguilla, Australia, The Bahamas, Antigua & Barbuda, Belize, Bermuda, Canada, Grenadines & Saint Vincent, Great Britain including Scotland, Grenada, Guyana, The Irish Republic, Jamaica, Montserrat, Nevis & Saint Kitts, New Zealand, Trinidad & Tobago) or
  • You have an official transcript from an accredited college or university in the United States showing a grade of C or better for English 1301 or the equivalent; or
  • You have successfully completed the final level of an intensive English program of Mountain View College or from any college of DCCCD and
  • You have met TSI requirement in reading and writing through THEA, Accuplacer, ACT, SAT or other approved test or
  • You can present documented completion of the final level of an intensive English program that is approved by a college of DCCCD through an established agreement.


from each college or university attended inside the United States. A GPA of 2.0 or higher is required for all transfer work. Transfer coursework completed outside of the United States will require a course by course credential evaluation from a DCCCD approved evaluation service.


United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations require non-immigrant students to verify that they will have the necessary funds available to pay for all educational and living expenses as an F-1 Visa student. Students will need to provide a financial statement with supporting bank documents.  All financial and supporting documents must be issued within the last two months. 

The following documents are required from the sponsor:

  • Affidavit of Support or Affidavit of Support I-134 (If the sponsor lives in the U.S.) or sponsorship letter (If the sponsor lives outside the U.S.)
  • Current bank statement or bank letter showing a minimum of $17,000 U.S. dollars and issued within the last two months.

A copy of most recent W-2 form, tax return, or employment verification letter including annual salary (If the sponsor lives in the United States)


International students must provide official written medical proof of freedom from tuberculosis through either a negative Mantoux tuberculin skin test or results of a chest X-ray that was given in the United States within the last year. Out-of-country students must undergo testing for freedom from tuberculosis upon arrival in the United States before registration in classes is allowed. Students must also show proof of vaccination (within the last 5 years) for bacterial meningitis. The colleges of DCCCD dorecommend that all prospective students have adequate immunizations for bacterial meningitis; diphtheria; rubeola, rubella, mumps; tetanus and poliomyelitis (see Texas Department of Health’s Recommended Adult Immunization Schedule) although official report is not required.


must provide copies of:

  • Passport, valid for at least six (6) months. (Identification and expiration date pages.)
  • Visa
  • I-94 (Print online)
  • I-20 (All pages)
  • Current Standing Form from the school last authorized to attend in the United States.

New students outside the United States must submit copies of these documents upon arrival at the college.  Original documents must be presented by both transfer and new students for verification.