Admission Timeline Schedule for Fall 2016 Nursing Admission
Time Table for Admission for Mountain View College Associate Degree Nursing Class of 2018
|February 12, 2016
||COURSE SUBSTITUTION DEADLINE|
Transcript pre-evaluation and course substitutions completed. Please contact the nursing office for the forms and procedures at Mountain View College Course work taken outside of the DCCCD MUST be evaluated. Course substitutions are required for all courses not matching our curriculum plan. This includes courses taken at other DCCCD campuses. (HPRS courses do not match the curriculum plan and will not be accepted for substitution.)
|February 15, 2016
||Scheduling for HESI A2 Testing at MVC begins. |
|February 22, 2016 to April 8, 2016
||HESI A2 Testing (May be completed at any Dallas County Community College Campus Testing Center that offers the HESI A2) |
Testing Score print-out must be submitted with application packet.
• Go to the MVC Testing Center S-2101 to schedule a testing appointment.(Testing referral form available on nursing website)
• Pay fee at Cashier $38
• Testing appointments are limited. To ensure that you have the ability to complete the HESI A2 for the application, please schedule your test early in the testing cycle. YOU MAY ONLY TEST ONCE DURING ADMISSION CYCLE, TEST IS TIMED MAXIMUM 2 ½ HOURS.
|April 11, 2016
Applications accepted until 4:00 p.m. Turn in application to Nursing Office H-25.
All the following items must be reviewable and turned in with your application
• Texas Driver’s License
• Social Security Card
• Proof of medical insurance (card)
• Documentation of Immunizations
• CPR Health Care Provider
• Proof of Criminal Background Check (Group One receipt)
• Physical Examination & Health Record
April 18, 2016 to May 6, 2016
|Interviews will be held for selected Nursing Applicants.|
May 10, 2016
|STUDENT NOTIFICATION DAY|
Candidates will receive an email regarding their admission status.
TB skin Test or Chest X ray documentation required once accepted to the program.
|May 20, 2016
||Admitted Students must notify MVC Nursing in writing, if they plan to attend Classes fall 2016. |
Date to be Determined
|Student Success Camp: Building Better Nurses. Attendance all three days is mandatory. Mandatory drug testing will be completed at Success Camp.|
Date to be Determined