To promote collaboration between student services and instructional programs.
Instructional Support promotes student success by providing learning assistance and instructional resources designed to support the educational experiences of students.
• To provide skillful learning assistance to students in the Computer Labs and Reading, Writing, Mathematics, ESL/ESOL, GED and Adult Basic Education courses.
• To promote the use of emerging technologies throughout the learning process.
• To provide open lab access to students and faculty staffed with trained assistants.
• To provide accessible, adaptive resources for diverse learners.
• To support academic programs by providing one-on-one tutoring, supplemental instruction, and small group workshops.
• To provide connection of student support services and student instructional programs.
LET’S Grow Instructional Support!
Instructional Support Disclaimer Statement
Learning assistance and instructional resources are offered to support, rather than replace, classroom instruction. The Learning Centers do not provide proofreading or editing, check homework, or assist on tests or quizzes. However, Instructional Support team members can teach students how to proofread or edit their own work. Therefore, instructors can rest assured that the work submitted by the student is his/her own and not the work of the Learning Center Instructional Support Team.
|“All students must present a valid Mountain View College or Dallas County Community College system ID at time of visit to receive assistance.”|