This type of advising takes place only during peak registration when it is too difficult to serve students individually. During group advising, you will learn to register yourself by searching for classes and finding open sections. It is important that you bring three things to group advising:
- Your advising report.
- Your proposed plan of study from econnect.
- Updated Transfer Guide to the university that you are transferring.
Components for Group Advising:
- Career Assessment: “ MyPlan” through career services
- Selecting a Program of Study
- MVC Advising Syllabus
- Online Registration
- Educational Planner
- Group Advising Student Survey