· What do I do if I have an idea for a program or initiative that requires external funding?
o Great! Just contact Dean Marsh in the Resource Development office at 214-860-3611 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· What are some questions I’ll be asked during that meeting?
o Here are a few sample questions:
§ What is the goal of your program and how does that goal align with the needs of the College or the community?
§ What is the purpose of the program? Will it improve, complement or expand a current operation?
§ What group will your project serve, and have any members from this target population been involved in the planning process?
§ Have you examined the current research on this topic?
§ How will expected outcomes be measured?
· What if I have a general idea but I need help in developing a project?
o Just contact the Resource Development office, and we would be happy to host brainstorming sessions.
· Do all grants submitted at Mountain View College have to go through the Resource Development office?
o Yes – the Resource Development office serves as the clearinghouse for all grant submissions to ensure alignment with the mission of Mountain View College and to prevent a duplication of efforts.
· I am teaching during posted office hours. Can I meet with someone at night or on Saturday?
o Of course! We are always happy to schedule evening or weekend appointments as needed. Please contact Heather Marsh at 214-860-3611.