In September 1968, DCCCD Chancellor Bill Priest sanctioned the establishment of an association to represent professional support staff. This was the beginning of the DCCCD PSSA.
The purposes of the DCCCD/PSSA shall be to provide a strong organization capable of speaking for the professional support staff employees of the DCCCD to promote the professional, economic, and social welfare of the professional support staff employees; to provide an effective and organized means of communication between all DCCCD employees; to further the goals and objectives of the DCCCD; and to inspire professional growth and activity that will insure the best possible education for the students of the Dallas County Community College District.
Information and Inspiration!
Do you want to be a part of an association that...
- Promotes your professional growth?
- Negotiates policy changes which benefit professional support staff?
- Reports your concerns to the Chancellor and his cabinet?
- Promotes an optimum work environment and is concerned about employee morale?
- Stays informed about legislative issues which affect institutions of higher learning?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you should join the Professional Support Staff Association (PSSA).