Community Service/Sunshine - Co-chairs: Jennifer Dickson & Ariana Ibarra (Interim for Theresa Branum)
- Contributes to the MVC community and service area through charitable actions. Provides support and encouragement to professional support staff employees.
Constitution & Bylaws - Chair: Michael Arredondo
- Oversees that all practices of the Mountain View College PSSA follow guidelines stated in the organization’s constitution and bylaws. If any questions arise pertaining to the structure of business of the organization, the committee comes together to provide clarity to that question. The committee also prepares proposals for specific bylaws for MVC PSSA derived from the District PSSA bylaws.
Employee/Department of the Month - Co-chairs: Alicia Clinton & Lori De La Cruz
- EOM: On a monthly basis and via campus email, Chair will request PSSA Employee of the Month nomination submissions for eligible PSSA members. Chair will determine if nominee is eligible. Members of the committee will vote on best candidate and submit their pick to the chair. Chair will tally all votes and then arrange with the supervisor of the winner as to when and where the announcement will take place. Chair will alert Graphics in order for the certificate, parking signage and gift bag to be prepared. Chair will alert PSSA Treasurer so that a $25 check can be written for the day of the presentation. Chair will alert PSSA officers of the presentation place and time in order to help with the parade to the EOM. Graphics will take winner’s photo, prepare the campus email announcement, and send info for posting on the PSSA web page.
- DOM: Every department is included in the Department of the Month recognition which rotates each month until all departments have been recognized. This is not a voting award. Chair will arrange with the supervisor when and where announcement will be made. Decisions will be made as to what type of food will be presented by using either MVC’s Subway vendor or picking up food elsewhere (will get reimbursed for cost). Graphics will take winner’s photo, prepare the campus email announcement, and send info for posting on the PSSA web page.
Membership & Mentoring/Social - Co-chairs: Vanice Schultz, Julius Wilson & Virginia Clark
- Schedules social events to encourage interaction among association member and boost morale. Assists MVC professional support staff employees interested in joining the PSSA.
Professional Development - Chair: Luke Story
- Identifies and promotes staff development opportunities internally and externally.
Publicity - Chair: Marcy Miller
- Provides graphic design, email images, and printed materials for the association and/or its committees as needed. Works with the MVC Marketing Office to update the PSSA web page. Takes photographs for PSSA employee/department recognition.
Ways & Means/Scholarship - Chair: April M. Vargas
- Ways and Means: Plans fundraisers for the association. Our goal is to support PSSA by bringing in money to fund activities and scholarships. The Chair prepares the proper business office paperwork and ensures that the Mountain View College Business Office procedures are being followed. The Chair also submits any work order requests or room requests needed for each fundraiser. The Chair is also responsible for general PSSA meeting announcement(s) about any upcoming fundraisers.
- Scholarship: Oversees MVC’s professional support staff association tuition reimbursement scholarship. This scholarship is available to any member who is seeking a higher education degree. This scholarship is not associated with the District PSSA scholarship. The committee advertises when applications are being accepted and reviews each applicant’s submission. The committee also makes any revisions to the scholarship application or guidelines. The Chair also contacts the recipient, gives them direction on claiming their award, and announces their name at general meetings.
Election - Co-chairs: Ella Barton & Claudia Reyna
- Oversees and maintains the PSSA Officer elections.