"The mission of the Mountain View College Police Department is to provide quality law enforcement services to the public and foster a relationship with the college community that will support the academic success of our students".
About the MVC Police
Officers at Mountain View College Police Department are duly sworn peace officers under section 51.203 of the Texas Education Code. The officers possess the same authority under the law as municipal officers. MVC Police Officers can enforce MVC and DCCCD policies, rules, and regulations as well as State and Federal laws. MVC Police Officers have authority to arrest violators, investigate criminal offenses, investigate traffic accidents, and provide services to the college community. MVC Police Officers patrol the campus 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Police Department reports directly to the Vice President of Business Services and works closely with the administration to insure safety. The college police staff consists of commissioned peace officers who are licensed and certified through the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE).
MVC Police Officers are available by request to provide the following services, subject to manpower availability:
- Investigation of criminal activity on campus
- First Response to medical emergencies
- Accident / Injury immediate response
- Parking enforcement/citations
- Traffic enforcement/citations
- Personal escorts to vehicles *
- Assistance with vehicle battery jump start requests *
- Lost & found services *
- Emergency messages (life or death situations only, please) *
* Denotes services that are subject to officer availability or which may be restricted by law.