The Police Department is available to conduct Crime Prevention Programs for all staff and faculty members, student orientations, and staff development programs. A crime prevention officer is available upon request to provide classroom presentations on various crime-related issues such as date rape, domestic violence, workplace violence, and personal safety. Crime prevention brochures are available at the Police Department, room W135. A primary goal of the Police Department is to maintain a safe and suitable learning environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Crime Prevention Tips
- Mark your books in a discrete place, using your MVC student ID number, Last four of your driver’s license or state ID or any other mark that is unique to you.
- Obtain an anti-theft device for your vehicle such as a steering wheel lock or “kill” switch.
- Lock your vehicle and roll up your windows.
- Do not leave valuable items in plain view inside your vehicle.
- Do not leave your backpacks, books, cell phone or other personal items unattended for any amount of time.
“Help us help you avoid being a crime victim”
For further information or assistance, please call 214-860-8758, or visit the College Police Department in Room W135.