Professional development funds are available help offset the cost of job-related activities such as conferences, training, seminars or retreats that directly support the professional growth of employees at MVC. Professional development funds may be used for travel, hotel, registration fees, certification fees, guest speakers, consultants and trainers. Professional Development funds may not be used for tuition or other costs directly associated with obtaining a degree.
In order to qualify for funding, the following rules apply:
- Must be a full-time or limited full-time employee and have been in your position for at least 6 months.
- All professional development activities for which funds are requested must take place within the current fiscal year.
- The form must have DIVISION-LEVEL approval for requests greater than $500.
- Employees may submit only one request, for up to $1500, per fiscal year for individual professional development.
- Funding requests will be considered according to the following criteria:
Up to $500 Professional Conference/Seminar/Workshop/Retreat/Training PARTICIPANT
Note1: To receive funding up to $500, all members must submit a Professional Development Discovery Form within 30 days after the activity.
Up to $1000 job-related SKILL/TRAINER CERTIFICATION
Note 2: To receive funding up to $1000, members must provide a certificate of completion, and/or other relevant training verification materials within 30 days after attending the activity. The appropriate verification materials must be approved in advance by the L.E.A.D. Committee for Professional Development.
Up to $1500 Professional Conference/Seminar/Workshop/Retreat/Training PRESENTER
Note 3: To receive funding up to $1500, members must present an approved topic or session at a professional conference/seminar/workshop/retreat -OR- conduct or lead an approved professional development activity for MVC employees. The Professional Development Office will transfer funds upon receipt of an accepted abstract or lesson plan -OR- once the member conducts or leads a related professional development activity for MVC employees within 30 days after attending the activity or as approved by the L.E.A.D. Committee.
- Funding priority will be given to requests linked to one of the following criteria:
- MVC Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP): Writing & Writing Intensive Courses
- MVC-Collected/Analyzed Data: Identified Need through SLO, SACS/COC Quality Improvement Process, Institutional Effectiveness Report Card, etc.
- The request form and all other application materials are to be submitted to the Professional Development Office (room W150) at least three weeks (21 calendar days) prior to the activity. Late requests will not be accepted.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUNDING REQUEST FORM
**New** PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DISCOVERY FORM – PARTICIPANT (up to $500)
**New** PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DISCOVERY FORM – CERTIFICATION (up to $1000)
**New** PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DISCOVERY FORM – PRESENTER (up to $1500)