Preadmission (HESI A2) Testing
Students desiring to apply to the Mountain View College Nursing Program are required to take a standardized admission test. The Health Education Systems, Inc., Admissions Assessment (HESI A2 ™) with Critical Thinking at the Mountain View College Testing Center. The HESI A2™ may be completed at any Dallas Community College District Campus. Completion of designated sections of the HESI A2 Test Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Math, Vocabulary/General Knowledge, and Anatomy/Physiology (combined “English” sections) with a minimum score of 75% on each of the required sections.
- HESI A2 Score (Composite score of reading comprehension, grammar, vocabulary, Anatomy & Physiology and Math). If your score is
- 75 to 88 = no points
- 89 to 100 = add 2 points
The Critical Thinking section of the HESI A2™ is optional. Applicants who complete the Critical Thinking section of the HESI A2™ may be awarded points on the following scores: 700-749 = 1 points, 750-799 = 2 points, 800 plus = 3 points.
About the HESI A2™:
- HESI A2™ with Critical Thinking scores are valid for two years.
- HESI A2™ with Critical Thinking most recent score will be used to calculate admission points.
- The cost is $38 per test. You will need to schedule the HESI A2™ with Critical Thinking in person at the Mountain View College Testing Center at S-2101 and pay for the exam at the Mountain View College Cashier S-2090.
- Please schedule and take your HESI A2™ with Critical Thinking early. Seats are limited and may not be available near the end of the testing period.