Admission Ranking (Selection Process)
(See Ranking for Admission Form)
Admission to the Associate Degree Program is based on a point system. Eligible students will be placed into an applicant pool for consideration based upon the following items:
Your grade for each of the prerequisite and support courses completed all courses must have a C or better grade:
- College Algebra MATH 1314 or Math 1414 #
- English ENGL 1301 #
- General Psychology PSYC 2301 #
- Anatomy & Physiology 1 BIOL 2401 or SCIT 1407* #
- Anatomy & Physiology 2 BIOL 2402 or SCIT 1408 *
- Microbiology BIOL 2420 *
- Pharmacology RNSG 1301*
- Pathophysiology RNSG 1311 *
- Fine Arts elective (no grade points) must be selected from the AAS Core Options for Humanities/Fine Arts
- Points earned for each prerequisite and support course completed prior to application to the program.
- A = 3 points
- B = 2 points
- C = 1 point
# Prerequisite courses minimum GPA of 2.75. Courses must be completed with a grade prior to application.
* All science and nursing coursework must be completed within the past five years. Courses beyond the five year limit must be retaken prior to application to receive admission points for the course.
One additional point may be earned for each of the following courses taken at Mountain View College (MVC points)
RNSG 1301 Pharmacology
- RNSG 1311 Pathophysiology
- BIOL 2402 or SCIT 1408 Anatomy & Physiology 2
- BIOL 2420 Microbiology
HESI A2 Score (Composite score of reading comprehension, grammar, vocabulary, Anatomy & Physiology and Math). If your score is:
- 75 to 88 = no points, meet eligibility to apply
- 89 to 100 = add 2 points
The HESI A2 test can be taken at any Dallas Community College District Campus that offers the HESI A2 exam.
Nursing student applicants with the top 50 admission scores will be invited for an interview and to complete a professional writing sample. Maximum 10 points
for the interview and maximum 5 points
for the professional writing sample. The professional writing sample will be evaluated on composition, grammar, spelling, content and legibility.
Student’s Admission Points are calculated and then ranked numerically by the following formula: Points for Prerequisite and Support Course Grades + HESI A2 points + MVC points + Interview points + Writing Sample points. Students with the highest number of admission points are considered for admission. (Maximum 45 points)
Incomplete or inaccurate application materials including (physical exam, immunizations, etc) will disqualify the application and the student will not be considered for admission. Students are advised to retain a photocopy of all materials submitted as their application packet.
A student submitting an application to the Mountain View College Nursing Program verifies that he/she has read the website and the application completely and understands the policies and procedures for application and conditions for acceptance into the Mountain View College Nursing Program.