The Engineering program at Mountain View College provides students with problem solving, creative thinking, technical communications and leadership skills that are essential for success in the field of engineering. This program also paves the way for a smooth transition for students interested in transferring to a four-year university to continue their engineering education.
MVC Engineering courses are comparable to those offered in many four-year engineering programs. However, it is essential that students acquaint themselves with the requirements and the curricula of the college or university to which transfer is being considered, and/or consult with our engineering advisor and faculty for more information.
Core Engineering Courses:
- Introduction to Engineering *
- Engineering Graphics I * (3-D modeling and engineering practices)
- Engineering Mechanics I - Statics **
- Engineering Mechanics II - Dynamics **
- Engineering Circuit I **
- * 1-day basic engr machine shop seminar I, II required for all student
- ** Math prerequisite: Calculus I
Name: Professor, Uichung "Francis" Cho, PhD